Monday, March 6, 2017

Hit or Miss: Miss America 2017 Evening Gowns

Miss America, its the pinncale of the Miss America Organization experience. Its the next level and some contestants spend upwards of $5,000 on their evening gown, but sometimes their money is not well spent! 
Here are a few of the most notworthy  (and always not in a good way) Miss America Evening Gowns

5.  For me the is a HIT in capital letters. Most girls tend to stick with classic colors, black, dark blue, and the famous white. Ther's this saying that "white always wins," but I am not a beleiver. This fushia nember is a total win in my book. The bold color with the simple cut and understated details make her bronzed skin glow. She looked phenominal and definietly stood out in a sea of white and black. 



4. I love Miss South Carolina Rachel Wyatt, I mean she is a perfect human being, but her dress was a MISS.  While I love the color and the flow of the dress, I think that this lace overskirt consummed her. She has a tiny figure and the dress made her appear larger. I also was not a fan of how low the neckline was, especially because she talked about modesty in the interview playing as she walked. While,I am not one to judge modesty, this dress is not what I would consider the most "modest" and it is not what I picture Miss America wearing, this dress might have been what cost her the overall title. 


3. Miss America herself Savvy Shields! Her classes cut black dress was a HIT in my books!! While it was not my favorite dress of the night, she rocked it. I loved how the simplicity of the dress allowed her to shine. All I could see was her beautiful smile and charming personality. The pointed neckline, helps to widen her straight figure, causing her to look curvatious. The gown was the perfect combo of sexy and sweet! 




2. This Dress was another Miss for me. There is just too much going on. Miss Illonois was a beautiful contestant but the combination of a halter neckline, key hole cutout, and ruffled mermaid shirt was just too overwhelming in that blue color. I might have liked the dress in a black or white, but the dress as is was just too distracting to the eye. 

1.  While this is not her Miss America Dress Hannah Brewer's Miss Maryland Crowning Dress was stunning. She looked amazing in this bright yellow halter dress!! The color paired with her dark hair and tan skin was a hit. this 17-year-old rocked a pair of beautiful custom pageant earrings that put the finishing touches on the look. All time Favorite!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment